Sunday 25 March 2012

Most Dominant UFC Champion


After a serious exercise of reducing the UFC champions to numbers and studying these figures, I have a conclusion. Looking at the numbers, a lot made made sense and a lot didn't seem quite right. This was exactly what I had hoped for - to remove all the preconceptions and emotion and learn something new.

UFC Champions in order of dominance

Fighter
Total Rating
Anderson Silva
34.448
Georges St-Pierre
23.895
Jon Jones
9.700
Jose Aldo
9.316
Dominick Cruz
6.337
Junior dos Santos
3.417
Benson Henderson
3.267

While the order of this list seems generally correct, I feel the real surprise for me was just how dominant Anderson Silva is. I have often juggled between Silva and GSP as my top pound for pound MMA fighter in the world, and have on many occasions thought St-Pierre to be the more dominant champion. Amazing how differently the stats see it.
The better fighter however is something that will only be settled in the Octagon. Here are 5 reasons why Anderson Silva vs GSP makes perfect sense.


My Statistical Analysis of UFC Champions

10: Most dominant UFC Champion - conclusion

0 comments:

Post a Comment